Estate Probate and Administration
At Breed & Associates, we provide experienced legal, tax, administrative and accounting services to fiduciaries, individuals and families. Over more than three decades, we have managed hundreds of estates and trusts, either directly for clients or as special counsel to other firms. We are unique because we coordinate all the services under one roof, within our firm. We represent purchasers and sellers in real estate transactions, from the drafting of the contract to the closing. We prepare deeds and the documents New York requires to transfer ownership of real property.
To arrange a consultation, contact our office by e-mail.
- Probate, Wills — We expedite the settlement of estates and inheritance with the least expense and delay. We perform all steps necessary to settle an estate, including the filing of the probate petition, preparing estate inventories and the filing all taxes and supporting court documents. We also coordinate the decedent's income tax, fiduciary income taxes and the estate inheritance taxes. We also obtain valuations of property, pay final debts and taxes, and oversee the orderly distribution of the estate.
- Estate and Trust Litigation — We represent clients in will and trust lititgation and property disputes, including discovery, preparation of pleadings, motions, or other documents, trials and court appearances.
- Trust and Estate Accounting — We provide comprehensive accounting services for executors, administrators and trustees, from the preparation of accountings and or inventories to investment tracking, cash flow statements and distribution of assets. This includes financial reports, federal and state income tax returns, federal and state estate and gift tax returns, and financial accountings.
- Tax planning/Tax Preparation — We work with you to maximize benefits and savings under state and federal tax laws to minimize your taxes.We regularly prepare income, estate and fiduciary tax returns.
- Real Estate — We regularly handle residential real estate transactions including condominiums, cooperatives and townhomes.
- Forensic Accounting
We provide estate fiduciary accounting and tax services for international and nationwide lawyers with clients who have estate and trust issues in New York State. Contact us by e-mail to arrange a consultation.